Litchfield Park Heli-Tours
Recently voted one of the top 10 destinations in the world to visit, what better way to “Do Litchfield” than by Helicopter.
Departing from Noonamah or Charles Darwin National Park a 30 min scenic flight from Darwin over the rural area will have you in Litchfield.
Following the escarpment to the south we take in Wangi Falls, Tolmer falls, the Lost city and Sandy Creek Falls before landing at a pristine swimming location. This place is a cascade of water in an eroded gorge millions of years old with signs of where the sea bed used to be, a long time ago. You will have the spot to yourself as it is only accessible by chopper. This pool is rain fed from the wet season and dries back to a trickle around June each year. Best visited November to May, if visiting in the dry season we will take you to a similar place which is spring fed all year round for your swim and relax.
Once refreshed we head north to Florence falls and then on to the Magnetic ant nests. These grass eating termites are unique to the Top end of Australia and have the incredible feature of all being aligned North to South. We will have a brief walk around the area and then return via the Darwin River dam and outer Darwin area
Tour duration is around 2 – 4 hrs depending on your time at our swimming spot.
- Departure from Noonamah is a 30 min drive from the city.
- We supply plenty of cold water for drinking. You need to bring your hat, camera and swimming attire.
- Alcohol refreshments are allowed and are BYO but no glass due to risk of breakage.
- Departure times are usually 8.00 am or 1.00 pm but can be altered if requested.
- Charles Darwin National Park helicopter pick up and drop off with scenic loop of the city…extra $450.00 pp
- Finnis river floodplain scenic tour….Bynoe Harbour….extra $290.00 pp
- Darwin city scenic loop with Noonamah depart-return….extra $270.00pp
- Our tours are fully customisable so let us know your preferences and we will tailor a tour to suit
Weight Restrictions apply * Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Weight restrictions of 250 kgs combined apply for 3 persons.
- Weight restrictions of 220 kgs combined apply for 2 persons.
- Maximum individual person weight of 125 kgs.
Cost based on a minimum of 2 persons is 790.00 per person