The perfect introduction to Darwin and its diverse natural landscapes including insights into events that have shaped this laid-back, but sophisticated capital city. From your private charter helicopter enjoy sweeping views of the city centre, waterfront precinct and northern beaches as well as pockets of monsoon forest, extensive mangrove systems and more. Keep your eyes peeled for the infamous saltwater crocodile!
This flight provides a great snapshot of Darwin’s diverse natural beauty while providing insight into the major events, both past and present, that have shaped it into the laid-back, but modern and internationally connected city, that we know today.
Departing from Darwin Airport, highlights include:
- Sweeping views of the Darwin city centre
- Stokes Hill Wharf and International Cruise Ship Terminal
- Darwin’s popular Waterfront Precinct including wave park and Darwin Convention Centre
- Darwin Esplanade and Bicentennial Park
- Cullen Bay Marina
- Mindil Beach – home to the famous Mindil Beach Markets
- East Point Reserve and historical fortifications
- Beautiful coastal vistas along Nightcliff and Casuarina Beach up to Lee Point
- Flight returns to departure point
Compared to fixed wing aircraft, our helicopters have enhanced manoeuvrability and are fitted with oversized viewing windows creating a premium scenic flight experience. Your pilot can easily adjust speed, altitude and direction of travel in response to wildlife sightings or other points of interest while ensuring passengers on both sides of the aircraft receive equal chance to capture that perfect photo opportunity.
All guests are supplied with headsets fitted with voice activated microphones to enjoy the live inflight commentary and allow conversation directly with your pilot and other passengers.
Camera, sun-smart clothing including hat, sunglasses and sunscreen (SPF 50+ recommended).