Each guest travelling with HeliFish accepts the below listed terms and conditions.
- Aircraft tasked for tourism flights are allocated by HeliFish.
- Aircraft for charter flights may be selected by the client – subject to availability, task appropriateness and combined weights of passenger and luggage complying with aircraft specifications.
- All passengers 16 and over are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at check-in for HeliFish services to travel.
- All charter flights are confirmed subject to availability and weather.
- All tours are confirmed subject to availability, weather and achieved booking minimums.
- Whilst single passenger bookings are welcome all listed tours require a minimum of two (2) passengers in order to operate.
- In accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Authority CAAP 235-1 (para.11) all passengers are required to provide full name, accurate weight and baggage details prior to their flight.
- Seat allocation for scheduled flights (non-exclusive) are decided based on weight and balance and at the discretion of the pilot or ground crew to ensure the safe carriage of all passengers.
- Reservations are held only when weights are received and full payment is made – unless credit facilities have previously been arranged.
- All passengers 16 and over are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at check in. All passengers 16 and over can prove vaccination status by way of your COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate linked to the Territory Check In or Medicare app or a printed copy of your COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate, your immunisation history statement, your international COVID-19 vaccination certificate or an approved medical exemption.
- HeliFish recommends arriving at your departure location no less than 30 minutes prior to flight.
- Upon check-in, passengers will receive mandatory safety briefing and for COVID-19 contact screening purposes & thermal screening.
Children and Infants
- Children 3 years and above are legally required to be seated in their own seat and are therefore required to pay the full ticket price.
- Children aged 3 years to 13 years must be accompanied by an adult on all flights.
- Children under the age of 3 are classified an infant and may travel free of charge.
- At the time of booking, please advise if travelling with infants as additional seating regulations apply.
- Under Australian regulations, an infant is a passenger who has not reached their 3rd birthday.
- Routinely one (1) infant (under 3 years of age) is permitted per flight and may travel free of charge when seated on the lap of a parent or guardian with a company provided infant seat belt restraint.
- If travelling with more than one infant please contact the HeliFish office.
- Regarding luggage, prams and seat capsules for infants, please refer to Luggage Allowance.
Conditions of Carriage
- Although all care is taken, HeliFish accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings, luggage or personal injury due to events beyond our control and will not be liable for additional expenses or inconvenience arising from, or incidental to, any delay in service.
- HeliFish works in conjunction with other tour operators and is not liable for other operator’s acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise. Travel and admissions will be subject to the conditions imposed by these operators, which may limit or exclude liability for personal injury or property damage.
- For terms and conditions of partnered tour operators, please refer to relevant website.
Covid Safe Information
- To mitigate the risk of COVID-19, HeliFish has implemented a range of additional safety measures including thermal screening upon check-in and Northern Territory Government (The Territory Check In) app at our Darwin bases for required contact tracing.
- For further information, please click on the link: COVID-19 Safe Information.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- The surcharge incurred is that set by the corresponding financial institution at the time of booking.
- Amex, Visa and MasterCard will incur a 1.5% surcharge
Flight Cancellation by HeliFish
- Flights are subject to management and/or pilot discretion, weather, air-traffic control and availability.
- The decision of the pilot in command is final with regards to cancelling a flight due to inclement weather and/or the refusal of the passenger/s if the passenger/s are deemed unfit for flight.
- In the event of bad weather, providing there is availability, date changes are welcome or in the worst-case scenario, cancellations with full refund.
Flight Cancellation by Customer
- Flight cancellations require a minimum notification of 48 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellation notice of 48hours is required for a full refund claim and 24-48 hours, for a 50% refund claim.
- No refund applies if booking is cancelled inside 24 hours.
- In the event of passenger illness, with medical certificate, HeliFish will reschedule the flight.
- All passengers that can’t provide vaccination certificate (Fully Vaccinated) at check- in as per requirement will be declined travel and be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
Flight Cancellation by ‘Other’
- HeliFish accepts no responsibility for any expenses incurred by a passenger as a result of any domestic/international flight delay, reschedules, alterations, poor weather or unscheduled maintenance.
- Where possible, HeliFish will attempt to delay the departure of flights providing it does not affect other passengers, products and connecting flights.
- Where a flight cannot be held resulting in a private charter being required, the flight is subject to availability and will incur an additional cost.
- It is recommended that all passengers take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Flight Paths and Schedules
- HeliFish endeavours to deliver all flights as described on our website or other collateral.
- Due to pilot discretion, weather, Air Traffic Control and other operational considerations beyond our control, flight paths and flight times may at times vary. For these reasons, HeliFish cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times and will therefore not be liable for additional expenses arising from, or incidental to, any delay in service as outlined in our Conditions of Carriage.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such cases, any charge will be collected on departure. No fuel surcharge is presently applicable.
- To redeem, the gift voucher (or voucher number) is required upon booking and bookings are essential.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- The expiration date of all gift vouchers is three (3) years from the date printed. The flight must be booked and used within this timeframe.
- Emkaytee Airfield (MKT) – Departure point for all HeliFish products with the exception of Darwin 30-45 minute scenic flights (see below). Complimentary return accommodation transfers provided from Darwin CBD or Palmerston accommodation for all products departing MKT.
- Charles Darwin National Park (CDNP) – Departure point for our 30 & 45 minute Darwin scenic flights. Transfers are not included and guests are requested to make their own way (approx. 10 minute drive from Darwin CBD).
- HeliFish carries insurance for all operations undertaken including passenger liability insurance, as required by Australian Aviation Law.
- Resort / Lodge
- Helicopters have a limited capacity for the carrying of luggage. It is for this reason all passengers are restricted to a maximum allowance of 15kg per person (including hand luggage).
- Permissions to carry additional luggage for infants are subject to the combined weight (passengers and luggage) being under aircraft specifications on the day of travel. Full-size prams do not fit in luggage compartments and capsules/child seats cannot be fitted in the helicopter.
- Due to the size and dimensions of helicopter cargo compartments, luggage is required to be packed into 1x carry on size case or soft duffle bag per person.
- Please note, excess luggage may be stored at the HeliFish Office.
- In accordance with Australian Aviation Law, HeliFish reserves the right to refuse any passenger who, in the opinion of the pilot in command, may provide a hazard to the flight or to the safety and comfort of other passengers.
- Passengers may be refused for reasons including, but not limited to: erratic, offensive or threatening behaviour; perceived intoxication; or implied risk to the safety of the flight.
- HeliFish supports the decision of its pilots and staff members who decide to refuse a passenger. In the event a passenger is refused, full charges may apply.
- Helicopters (as with all light aircraft) are subject to strict weight specifications per aircraft type.
- Accurate individual passenger weights and accompanying carry-on luggage MUST be advised upon booking.
- It is a legal requirement for all passengers and luggage to be weighed at the time of check-in. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee and/or luggage allowance may be further reduced.
- HeliFish operates a fleet of helicopters with individual specifications. The maximum single seat payload is 130KG. For passengers exceeding 130KG, aircraft seating four or more (4+) passengers are required for private charters and for listed tours and packages, an additional seat at 50% of the ticket price may need to be purchased for passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance.
- Pregnant passengers are welcome to enjoy all flights at their own discretion.
- HeliFish advises passengers to consult their doctor prior to making a reservation and that seatbelts must be worn at all times during the flight.
- Fares are listed per person, in Australian currency (AUD) and are inclusive of GST.
- All rates listed on the website are current year and valid 01 April to 31 March annually.
- Cancellation notice of 48hours is required for a full refund claim and 24-48 hours, for a 50% refund claim.
- No refund applies if the booking is cancelled inside 24 hours.
- If passengers do not show for a pick-up or flight, a full 100% cancellation fee applies. If the flight is booked through a third-party website or agent, the third-party will be contacted and notified of applicable charges.
- The safety of our passengers, crew and aircraft is our number one priority, with no exception.
- The decision of the pilot in command is final with regard to the carriage of luggage, seat allocation and whether a flight is to proceed during times of inclement weather.
- All passengers will receive a safety briefing prior departure.
- When flying over water all passengers must wear a life jacket for the duration of the flight.
- Strictly no smoking in or around the helicopter at any time.
- At the time of booking, please advise if travelling with passengers requiring special assistance as additional seating regulations apply.
- Please note, collapsible wheelchairs can only be carried on select aircraft and due to WHS requirements, staff are unable to lift any passengers.
- For the specific product information and terms and conditions of partnered tour providers, please visit their individual website or contact the operator directly.
- For further details, please contact [email protected] or phone +1800 88FISH (3474)
- For passengers travelling on our Nautilus Aviation products can visit https://www.nautilusaviation.com.au/terms-and-conditions/ for further information